Concept Art:

Posted by Sam Hayes On Wednesday, October 28, 2009
I've been looking through some concept art for various films and games, looking for some inspiration for my essay. I would rather do my essay on the concept of a film than a game, but I would still like to look at some game art.

I don't play many games, but my favourite one from the last few years in The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. The whole design of the game was brilliant, from the story to the visuals, which is why I immeadiately thought of this title when looking for some art. Below I have posted some concepts from the game. I really love the style, it is simple but shows a lot of detail and atmosphere.




I have started to practice some basic ideas in photoshop using my tablet. As my text is 'Journey to the Centre of the Earth' I am practicing creating some rock ideas to use. I think so far, I have the basic shape and colour, but i'm hoping as I learn to digitally paint, I can make it look more realistic.

1 Response to 'Concept Art:'

  1. Ruben Martins said...
    http://samhayes101.blogspot.com/2009/10/concept-art.html?showComment=1256777593589#c6341572629605306728'> 29 October 2009 at 00:53

    i can see u already tackling the technical part of the project.

    it looks really good, and i can see how a few brushstrokes can give so much detail in the overall picture.

    good luck with it...

     

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a student studying CG Arts and Animation at the University for the Creative Arts, I'm living in Kent.

Search This Blog

Followers

Blog Archive