Deadline Week!

Posted by Sam Hayes On Sunday, November 22, 2009
I have walked through the Valley of the Shadow of Death which was Semiotics and am just finishing up the Perception essay. I struggled with it for most of the weekend and I know that many other people have too, I am glad it's done. The space unit essay I have mostly written, I just need to conclude it and combined all my sources for the bibliography. Once these two essays are all packed up, I will have the rest of the week to crack on with my visuals.

My digital paintings are coming along. Phil Hoskins gave me some tips on my shoreline image in the lesson on Friday, mainly about the composition to give it a more pleasent layout and focus point. Simon Holland has also been helpful, I just need to put all the advice and theory of composition into the pieces.

As for Maya, I've neglected it for the past week whilst I've worked on my written assignments, meaning I have the doorway to build as well as rendering out the final scene. I'm confident I can get this done on Tuesday, which leaves me with a couple of days to add some extra buildings in which I had been working on a couple of weeks ago.

1 Response to 'Deadline Week!'

  1. tutorphil said...
    http://samhayes101.blogspot.com/2009/11/deadline-week.html?showComment=1258929000297#c4996222701792051325'> 22 November 2009 at 22:30

    Hey Sam,

    Yes - it's been a congested couple of weeks for you lot, but it sounds as if you're coping with the 'plate-spinning' admirably; the Perception unit is taking a bit of bashing from you and your classmates, but let's not forget that 'perception' and the ability to articulate the mechanisms behind your understanding and 'reading' of the world is actually fundamental to your work as a creative; indeed, when, after a film I'm banging on about the 'vagina dentata' in Alien or the 'meaning' of colour in The Cook, the Thief, His Wife and her Lover, I'm actually asking you to 'unpack' your perceptions and establish an appropriate vocabulary by which to express them... Semiotics is EVERYTHING!

     

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a student studying CG Arts and Animation at the University for the Creative Arts, I'm living in Kent.

Search This Blog

Followers

Blog Archive