Research: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Posted by Sam Hayes On Sunday, December 20, 2009
I'm going to post up some quick screenshots from the remake of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2006) I watched it to get some inspiration for my scene for this project.I focused on the external shots of the house as well as the scattered junk and rusty surroundings.

I really love the cinematography of this film; the old abandoned buildings with the rusty 'fallen-America' surroundings. Everything seems dangerous and eery including the most innocent of things, such as family photographs that the group find and toy dolls.



1 Response to 'Research: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre'

  1. tutorphil said...
    http://samhayes101.blogspot.com/2009/12/research-texas-chainsaw-massacre.html?showComment=1261379987175#c158197089019476997'> 21 December 2009 at 07:19

    Hi Sam - I haven't said so yet, but I really enjoyed your previous post in which you were reacting to some of the analysis you've been reading of horror movies... you see, everything is meaningful - or at least, as audiences, we can derive meaning from films in unexpected and exciting ways... meanwhile, love these screenshots; I didn't rate the movie - and if you haven't watched the original - you should - but, yes the house is wonderful in the remake - that shot of it, with the house squeezed into the top right corner is wonderful.

     

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a student studying CG Arts and Animation at the University for the Creative Arts, I'm living in Kent.

Search This Blog

Followers

Blog Archive