Unit 6: Commision. The Big One.

Posted by Sam Hayes On Saturday, April 24, 2010

Next week we begin our 6th project: Commission, which seems to be the largest project so far. We only have five weeks to complete it, which is less time than our previous (which flew by) so it seems that time-management will be the biggest challenge. I have no distractions this project, meaning I'm going to put a lot of hours into my final animation.

Over the last few weeks I've been practicing with Maya, both with Alan's tutorials and a few online resources and I think I'm getting a bit more of a hold on the software and I am also sure I'll learn a lot more before the next crit. Below are the final requirements for the unit, a bit of a daunting list.

1) Final animation
2) Concept art
3) Storyboards
4) Animatic
5) CG Pre-Vis
6) Research (including market research)
7) Your brand development and visual identity
8) Your ‘Making of’ pages (see below)
9) Life-Drawing
10) All exercises as specified in your ‘After Effects’ workshops
11) All Maya exercises as specified in technical classes


I'm looking forward to getting a grasp with After Effects, as it seems to really improve the way 3D turns out. I'm going to start a bit of research this weekend, doing what I can before we get our detailed brief.


As the next project seems to be the start of 'visual identity' I'm working on making my blog a bit more unique and better laid out. I'm still fiddling with it, hopefully I'll be happy with it soon.

2 Responses to 'Unit 6: Commision. The Big One.'

  1. tutorphil said...
    http://samhayes101.blogspot.com/2010/04/unit-6-commision-big-one.html?showComment=1272111567140#c2369053013697719775'> 24 April 2010 at 13:19

    Hey Sam - liking the attitude here - but your big Commission is missing a 'm'... :-)

     

  2. Sam Hayes said...
    http://samhayes101.blogspot.com/2010/04/unit-6-commision-big-one.html?showComment=1272113397442#c1627351163739156512'> 24 April 2010 at 13:49

    Ah, It is. God knows how I managed to spell it right everywhere except the huge title.

     

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a student studying CG Arts and Animation at the University for the Creative Arts, I'm living in Kent.

Search This Blog

Followers

Blog Archive