Refining Canyon Scene

Posted by Sam Hayes On Tuesday, May 18, 2010
I've taken Phil's advice and I've re-done the lighting on the Canyon scene. I want it to look like it is underneath a canopy of trees, with the shadows outlining the objects above them. It now matches the other scenes much better and the Sporagnium pod at the end of the shot is highlighted in a orangey/ goldy shine, which makes it seem more important. I've also made the water look a bit more muddy and dark.






Before:

2 Responses to 'Refining Canyon Scene'

  1. tutorphil said...
    http://samhayes101.blogspot.com/2010/05/refining-canyon-scene.html?showComment=1274208285050#c5225541948729311138'> 18 May 2010 at 19:44

    okay - this is much better already, but, if this was a still image and I was looking to make it 'pop', I'd want to get some rim lighting on those fronds that stick out from the side of the canyon - just some highlights to being it to life... there is something still rather flattening about your lighting in these shots - I encourage you to get creative and 'illogical' with your lights and just make it look punchy... do as a lighting designer on a set would do - they would simply use whatever lighting he needed - regardless of their sense in the world - until the shot looked rich and atmospheric... it's set-dressing, Sam - and it's essential!

     

  2. Sam Hayes said...
    http://samhayes101.blogspot.com/2010/05/refining-canyon-scene.html?showComment=1274212830405#c6834757148403291000'> 18 May 2010 at 21:00

    OK Phil, I've been testing a few new light effects and I think I've found a way of making it look more atmospheric. I'll post up a few more shots.

     

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a student studying CG Arts and Animation at the University for the Creative Arts, I'm living in Kent.

Search This Blog

Followers

Blog Archive