Developing the Environment

Posted by Sam Hayes On Wednesday, August 11, 2010
I've added a few more surroundings to the platform to make it more beleivable. Below is the end of the platform, where the suitcase jumps onto the end of the wagon, which then jolts and rolls forward to the bottom of a water-tower. Both need to be modelled.

The tress turned out better than I thought, they are just images of planes. Im sure in the animation they'll take some tweaking, but Im hoping not to have them in shot for too long.








 

Today I'm trying to figure out how to finish this project on time, which is a struggle as it's my Birthday and I'm more than a little hungover. Maya seems to cure my hangovers though, like the technical version of a fry-up.

I originally planned to put most of my time into Animating in this project, as I wanted to concentrate on putting across the character of the luggage. The planning and envionments have taken longer than I expected which is leaving me with much less time for animating than I wanted. I'm aiming to have everything modelled, textured and ready for next monday, meaning I have about 3 weeks of animating before the huge task of rendering. I still have quite a bit to model including the Passenger carriages, Water-tower and a Wagon but If I crack on it should be fine.

Once all my environments are finished I am going to start animating from both ends (The first and last scenes) meaning if I run out of time, it won't be left open, but the middle content will be lacking. This might be a good or bad idea, Im not sure.

Anyway, a few shots of what I'm trying to finish. The first scene when the train is travelling through the desert needs the most work, lots of ground textures and shurbbery etc to add. 


The platform needs some benches and the surrounding environment also. Lots to be done!

1 Response to 'Developing the Environment'

  1. tutorphil said...
    http://samhayes101.blogspot.com/2010/08/developing-environment.html?showComment=1281531090962#c3689797304337820040'> 11 August 2010 at 13:51

    get some sky going on!

     

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a student studying CG Arts and Animation at the University for the Creative Arts, I'm living in Kent.

Search This Blog

Followers

Blog Archive