Update

Posted by Sam Hayes On Tuesday, September 14, 2010
 Over the last two weeks, I was hoping to get everything finished up and my book published, which didn't really go to plan. I was called up for a commitment I made to work at the Greenwich Comedy Festival, so the last week and a half I've been working more-or-less full-time in London. It has been a fantastic time.


 
I was working in the Greenwich Naval Dockyard, setting up the site and then helping orchestrate all the shows. It was hard work, with no pay, but it definitely had it's benefits. I managed to share some words with Bill Bailey, Reginald D Hunter, Tom Green, Stewart Lee, Ed Byrne, Sean Hughes, Angelos Epithemu (Strange one but his act is amazing) and some other great comedians. I also met loads of cool people and got plenty of free beer. I've finally finished the festival and need to get my summer project into some sort of final form.

Also, a bonus, was meeting a few guys from the crew who were building the set for the new Pirates of the Carribean film on our site on the final day. The amount of work which was going into a short scene seemed huge, building a huge extension on the Naval Museum.

I'm hoping to get my book published with as much art and renders as possible. I also met a few first years tonight from UCA too in the UCASU Pub Crawl who appeared at my local in Maidstone and from what I could gather, the new students this year will be a good addition. With a bit of luck, I'll have something to show from this long Summer!

Also, some of the rest of summer was 'wasted' on me and a friend trying to figure out the Galaxy. It is definitely not as easy as Discovery Channel makes it, but telescopes are now much more appealing, even if it is a bit of a strange hobby. I think this video below basically gave us the incentive and it is one of the greatest things on Youtube.

3 Responses to 'Update'

  1. Jon Stewart said...
    http://samhayes101.blogspot.com/2010/09/update.html?showComment=1284505178116#c7550192643398579740'> 14 September 2010 at 23:59

    Sam! Hey ;]

    Sounds like you've had a cracking past couple weeks. Sounds awesome. You met those comedians?? Very jealous!

     

  2. Sam Hayes said...
    http://samhayes101.blogspot.com/2010/09/update.html?showComment=1284515430964#c6144222175406682360'> 15 September 2010 at 02:50

    Hey Jon,
    Yeh it was really bizarre seeing them up close. I said Hello, brought them stuff and helped them set up. The rest of the week was dealing with drunkards and people trying to gatecrash. Swings and roundabouts really, lol.

     

  3. Yolantele said...
    http://samhayes101.blogspot.com/2010/09/update.html?showComment=1284536816083#c970239870592725004'> 15 September 2010 at 08:46

    Amazing summer end Sam! And your hobby as well :D
    And perhaps this was the first song with some meaning in lyrics I've ever heard :D :D

     

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a student studying CG Arts and Animation at the University for the Creative Arts, I'm living in Kent.

Search This Blog

Followers

Blog Archive