Jock Rigging

Posted by Sam Hayes On Wednesday, December 29, 2010
I've been getting back into work-mode and over the last day or so I've been rigging our Jock model, which will be split into three variations for our three jock characters. The rig is quite simple and I'm hoping there won't be too many problems when it comes to binding it to the model. Everything seems to be working so far!
It consists of 4 IKs, one on each arm and leg and two clusters on both the spine and neck, controlled by the buttons. I've been going back over Alan's tutorials as well as using the Autodesk Handbook.







It may need some tidying up before animating (Joints hiding, better looking controls) but for now I'm going to press on and try to get the character skinned. The skinning is the part which I think I'll have the most difficulty with but with some patience I think it will be OK. Optimistically, I want this Jock and the cheerleader rigged and skinned by the end of the weekend, so we can begin animation next week. 


0 Responses to 'Jock Rigging'

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a student studying CG Arts and Animation at the University for the Creative Arts, I'm living in Kent.

Search This Blog

Followers

Blog Archive