Models and Metaphors: Initial ideas

Posted by Sam Hayes On Friday, May 06, 2011
I've been thinking about this project over the last couple of weeks, but nothing has really been produced. I've been working through the tutorials mostly and haven't given enough thought to this ident so far. I had a small idea, which was quite basic involving a bird and a worm, but after a tutorial with Alan I think I'm eventually thinking along the right lines.

Alan explained how the crucial and most difficult part of this project was connecting with the audience and understanding the language which was known to the people viewing. This is why I want the ident to centre around popular-culture, something which almost everyone will recognise. My new idea is rough and is just ingredients really.

Alan mentioned a previous idea of the E4 logo smashing through a city, referencing Godzilla, but with the twist of it being the logo. I want this 'instantly' recognisable scene with a twist option so assuming everyone watching will be familiar of the zombie-film genre, my inital idea is:

A mound of dirt, like a freshly digged grave, a hand shoots out, with the classic corpse come to life image and starts reaching around the ground. It finds the TV remote-control and flicks a TV onto E4.




I know there is some logic missing, which is why its just inital, but I'm going to look at some more E4 idents and some zombie influences to try and figure out where to take it.

2 Responses to 'Models and Metaphors: Initial ideas'

  1. tutorphil said...
    http://samhayes101.blogspot.com/2011/05/models-and-metaphors-initial-ideas.html?showComment=1304711780970#c1141809519863373705'> 6 May 2011 at 20:56

    I like the zombie hand thing, Sam...

     

  2. Anonymous said...
    http://samhayes101.blogspot.com/2011/05/models-and-metaphors-initial-ideas.html?showComment=1304730112437#c2216572993088368141'> 7 May 2011 at 02:01

    The idea of the hand reaching for the remote is brilliant. You should definately follow it through.

     

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a student studying CG Arts and Animation at the University for the Creative Arts, I'm living in Kent.

Search This Blog

Followers

Blog Archive